A few weeks ago, I mailed my tax information home to my mom so she could file my taxes for me. (Once you have a GREAT tax person, it's hard to give her up!) While she was at the office, she called me and told me I would be getting a refund from the great state of Michigan. She also told me not to get my hopes up, because I was not getting much. I figured I would get about $200...not much, but workable.
The past two months have been a little rough. Teaching, while evidently admirable, is not what one would call lucrative. (As an aside, for all of you touting how noble teaching is, and how teachers "change and shape the world" how about voting for a school bond or another measure which would put money into schools so your teachers can at least keep up with the cost of living?) As a result, my funds have been a little on the low side; it does not matter how much I make because bills truly do not care.
Today when I got the mail, I saw a check from the great state of Michigan, where I taught, paid taxes, swept the yard, didn't litter, saved a tree, voted, didn't speed (much), picked apples, and bought cherries most of last year. I clicked my heels together when I saw the envelope standing up straight and proud in the mailbox. My eyes got big. Greedily I snatched the envelope from the mailbox, ripped the back flap from the rest of the envelope, and tore the check away from it's white cocoon and looked for the magic number.
$17.99
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lol! Sorry AP, I feel your pain... Should've picked more apples. At least you'd have something to eat or sell now.
lol...i know, right.
Post a Comment