The woman who does my manicures is a very nice elderly woman. We have been seeing each other twice a week for the past year and during the course of the year we've actually grown quite close. Like a hair dresser, she has become a confidant, someone I can confide in, and more importantly, someone I can gossip with. Another one of her clients, also a very nice elderly woman, is frequently there right before me. Well, she has taken a liken to me as well. The two of them have made it their mission to find me a boyfriend in Vegas.
Elderly woman #2 told me there is a very attractive, very nicem normal Black man in her office. She insists that we would hit it off really well. After weeks of badgering, I finally give in and give supposedly attractive, nice and normal Black man a call.
Supposedly attractive, nice & normal Black man and I have a conversation. Conversation is good. Miah is happy. The planets are aligned.
Then supposedly attractive, nice & normal Black man starts calling 3,4,5,6,7 times a day and sending multiple text messages.
Supposedly attractive, nice & normal Black man becomes supposedly attractive, nice and potentially crazy stalker Black man.
Supposedly attractive, nice and potentially crazy stalker Black man and I have another conversation that begins with him saying "I'm not a stalker, but..."
Supposedly attractive, nice and potentially crazy stalker Black man becomes supposedly attractive definitely crazy stalker Black man.
I stop answering the phone. (Thank God for untraceable cell phones).
Supposedly attractive definitely crazy stalker Black man sends me a text asking about my plans for Friday night and if I'd like to go out to dinner. I weigh the odds: supposedly attractive definitely crazy stalker Black many may redeem himself with a free meal so my ears perk up. I say that my plans are negotiable for Friday. He texts back that we should meet for dinner. I politely oblige. He then texts back with "I don't have a car."
Supposedly attractive definitely crazy stalker Black man becomes supposedly attractive definitely crazy stalker Black man who evidently walks everywhere.
One afternoon, supposedly attractive definitely crazy stalker Black man who evidently walks everywhere calls and I answer from my blue tooth without looking at the phone. I get suckered in a conversation.
He then says to me "I'm so glad we got paid on Thursday! I cashed my check and went to the casino where I won $283. I'm about to go see where I can put a down payment on a car."
Let me get this straight. You don't have a vehicle, so after you get paid you cash your check (which means you have no bank account), promenade (which means walk) to the casino, and use your check to try to win money to put a down payment on a car? Imagine my eyebrow raising.
Supposedly attractive definitely crazy stalker Black man who evidently walks everywhere becomes supposedly attractive definitely crazy stalker Black man who evidently walks every and has poor fiscal management.
Needless to say we haven't talked again.
Signing off,
Truly happy definitely sane hard working Black woman with a Masters' degree and no desire to be "hooked-up."
*M*
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I LOVED your story. As an Asian woman dating in New England, I totally can relate sister...
M
Just out of curiousity, M, how did you happen to find my blog? I'm glad you did and please continue reading, but how did you get here?
*M*
your writing rocks. can't believe i'm just getting around to reading your blog! (i suck gg, i know ;)) but wow, that guy sounds like a grade-A loooohoohoozer! wow. you need to have a chat about standards with your nail techs. they're trippin'... love ya gg!
Post a Comment