So, after I mad-dashed out of the classroom where creepy dad (who was wearing a school approved badge) sat looking at the wrong child, I found the counselor. I explained the situation to him. His eyebrow raised. We both went and checked the electronic records and the father was not listed. Now, freaked out, I go back to the classroom while the counselor went to the main office.
A few minutes later, the assistant principal and the counselor appeared and got creepy dad. I saw them talking and I went to the kid and asked, "Do you know who that man was?"
"What man?" Random Child X replied. (Keep in mind, RCX looks like he does lots and lots of mood and mind altering drugs...)
"The man who was sitting in here for the past 10 minutes."
"No."
Ok, so creepy dad doesn't know who the kid is and RCX doesn't know who creepy dad is. I pulled my co-teacher into the hallway and explained what was going on to her. She freaked out because, in my absence, creepy dad told my co-teacher to tell RCX not to let him leave because he was going to take him home today. This smelled like "Stranger Danger! Don't take the candy! Don't get in the car! Run!" My co-teacher left to go call RCX's mom.
A few minutes later, creepy dad reappears. He comes in. He sits back down.
This time I'm the only adult. I can't leave. It's 2:08. School is over at 2:16. My panic level rises.
Who has let creepy dad back? Does creepy dad have a gun? Will creepy dad hold us all hostage? Will I miss my nail appointment?! Stay tuned for part III of Homeland Security in Schools.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment