Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Really cool Optical Illusion


Look at the spinning girl above. Is she spinning clockwise or counter clockwise? If you see her spinning clockwise, you are using the right side--the more intuitive, artistic, creative side--of your brain. If you see her spinning counterclockwise, you are using the left side--the more analytical, number crunching side of your brain.

When I first saw the image, it would only spin clockwise and I really didn't believe it could go another direction. I went and did some reading and wrote some lesson plans then looked at the picture--and it was spinning counter clockwise. It quickly changed back--which just proves what I have known for years: I'm creative but not analytical. That might explain why I tried to shove a melon rind into the garbage disposal a few months back with disastrous results.

Anywho, you can make her switch directions if you focus very intently on a body part, like the foot. Eventually it'll switch directions.

Please post a comment. I want to know which of my readers/friends/random onlookers are right brained and which are left. I have my hypothesis, but I'd like to know for sure.

Oh yeah, if she's standing still--you're no brained and that probably means you're a guy. :)

6 comments:

Speak said...

AP she was only twisting counter clockwise and i couldn't get her to switch no moatter how hard i tried

cynthia54 said...

I always get clockwise and counterclockwise mixed up but I know I am not an analytical type so she was probably spinning the creative-people-direction.

Kelly said...

she is going to the left, which i believe is counter clockwise.

Cece said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cece said...

She's moving clockwise and I really don't think she can go the other way. Sometimes when I scroll down and just look at her feet, it looks counterclockwise but when I look at her whole body she switches back.

Anonymous said...

Ummm I'm confused. I first saw it clockwise then the image switched and went counterclockwise, then it switched back. So is my brain switching to....I feel a popular song from Bushwick Bill coming on...