Tuesday, November 27, 2007

More of the Ridiculous and Insane: A tribute to Thanksgiving

This evening, as I was dining on my fancy feast of jasmine rice, brocclini and chicken nuggets, I looked up something I had heard of but never had: turducken.

For those of you who don't know, turducken is a chicken stuffed inside a duck stuffed inside a turkey. It's becoming increasingly popular in the weeks just before Thanksgiving and just after Christmas. I always thought turduken was an turban turlegend. I was twrong.

How many ways can we make it totally possible and permissible to have a coronary during the holidays you may be asking?

Well, I wondered the same thing. So I went on a bit of a mini webquest to locate as many ridiculous holiday meats as I could. Here is what I uncovered:

Chuckney--Turkey stufed with chicken stuffed with duckling
Turduckencorpheail--standard turducken, stuffed with a cornish game hen, which is then stuffed with a pheasant, and finally stuffed with a quail.
Turgooponducheasanishuail--turduckencorpheail stuffed with a goose and capon
Turgooponducheasnishuaichuffguihagaga-- It has all the properties of the previous two versions listed, but also includes beef, pork, lamb, and frog. A FROG? seriously people...
Osturduckean--ostrich stuffed with turkey stuffed with duck stuffed with chicken
Turdbutt--a pork shoulder (or Boston butt), inside a duck, inside a turkey.
Gurducken--a goose, which is stuffed with a turkey, then a duck, then a chicken.
Hotchken-- "the poor man's turducken," is a chicken stuffed with hotdogs.
Turgoduckmaguikenantidgeonck-- turkey, goose, duck, mallard, guineafowl, chicken, pheasant, partridge, pigeon, woodcock
Bustergophechiduckneaealcockidgeoverwingailusharkolanbler-- a bustard stuffed with a turkey, a goose, a pheasant, a chicken, a duck, a guinea fowl, a teal, a woodcock, a partridge, a plover, a lapwing, a quail, a thrush, a lark, an Ortolan Bunting and a Garden Warbler.


Definitions compliments of Wikipedia and we all know how legitimate that is...

No comments: