
On February 23, 2001 I was blessed with five new sisters. Over the past seven years, we have been tried, trialed and faced our fair share of tribulations. We have fought, cried, joked, laughed and grown--both individually and collectively. This weekend we celebrated our seventh anniversary in Delta Sigma Theta, Sorority, Inc. Nu Chapter.
Some of you reading this won't really understand--and that's ok. This is mainly to the phenomenal women of C.O.H.E.S.I.O.N. 6.
Sands, it goes without saying that this weekend was so typically COHESION that a script could not have made it any better. From being 35 minutes away, to the 2 hour coffee run, to the Walgreen's run, to 2:30-11 pm, to 1800,to getting to the Cheesecake and deciding to go home, to LEAVING at 10:00 pm, to 6 hour showers, face basings, mascara applications, burned ears (sorry EB), to seeing Barack at 8:00 am (right...), to me being ignored, to X outta X ain't bad!, to getting stopped by secret service and being in the system to me missing my flight--this was so typically COHESION. And I loved every minute of it.
I loved it because sometime along the way this weekend I realized that we had grown into our own--as women, as sorors, as sands. The things that would have caused a check up 7 years ago this weekend we finally accepted as COHESION and rolled with it. It is what it is.
Words do not express how lucky I am to have been affected by you. Even though we are spread far and wide, and we are not 5 minutes away from each other anymore,I feel closer to you than I ever have. I am so convinced that this continues to be the beginning of great things and I'm just anxious to see where we will be lead next.

KS-I love you for your true sense of compassion and genuine cheerleader spirit.
RT-I love you for your tenacity and strength, even in the face of the greatest adversities.
EB-I love you for your focus and outlook--you never fail to make me laugh.
CYR-I love you for your dedication to a cause nobler than yourself and commitment to a true higher calling.
TWIN!-I love you for your true sense of generosity--in time and in friendship.
Thank you for being my SANDS! Paper burns, but sand is forever. Anyway, I know I'm Fertile and the Attitude and PG folks are probably rolling their eyes outwardly (but secretly smiling inwardly) so I"ll stop with the ball ad.
Where are we going in 09?!
To older sorors who made us--thanks. No, for real: thanks. To younger sorors who are facing their own challenges, just know that Delta is what you make it--what you put in, you will get out. Sometimes you have to walk through the storm to get to the sunshine, and we have all walked through the storm. COHESION has found its sun, and it was worth every minute of the storm.
Anyone who doesn't understand what I'm talking about, I can't explain. Just to Be...
Muffin Man...
3 comments:
The More Things Change.... this is so the truth if I have ever read it. I am so proud of each of you. I am glad that I was able to share in your anniversary and even more greatful that I was able to bring you through... the road may not have been straight and narrow, but it is the twist and turns that have made it the ride - and that has all been worth it!
yeah AP that was soooo a ball ad!
Love ya'll
Thanks PRES! Love the comments :)
Post a Comment