Wednesday, March 5, 2008

(Not) Barack Obama's House

Life has been BUSY for me lately: gave my kids the wrong State exam, worried about getting canned (i didn't), murdered Mickey Mouse, and grew an afro (like literally). In all the madness, I had forgotten to tell you about the end of my Chicago trip.

So the day I left, my sands Kelly (who now resides in Chicago) told me that she lives "around the corner" from Barack Obama and asked me if I wanted to see his house. I'm nosy so of course I gave her a resoundig "YES!" We took two cars and drove to Mr. Obama's neighborhood. On the way, my friend whose car I was in informed me that secret service was planted outside his house. Not to be daunted by some squares in suits, I ordered us forward.

So we get to the neighborhood. Kelly (who is in the lead car) points to some houses. I look and see the house she is pointing at. We pull over and stand: the car I am in is in front of Obama's house and Kelly is planted in front of some neighbor's house. Gleefully, I roll down the window and snap a picture. Barack's House. One day this picture may be worth millions.

No sooner had I snapped the pic and rolled up the window, a square in a suit tapped on Kelly's window. He literally emerged from no where, like an early morning mist or evening fog. She rolled down her window while i scooched lower in my seat and watched out of the passenger side window. They exchanged words for a few minutes and I knew he was coming to my vehicle next to confiscate my camera, strip and cavity search me. But he didn't. He walked away.

As we drove off, Kelly called exclaiming that she is now "in the system." When asked what he said, she told us that he said there was no parking in front of the Obama household. I thought that was odd--I had taken the picture and he said nothing to me.

Then I realized: I was in front of Obama's neighbor's house. Touche.

If you want to see a picture of what Barack's neighbor's house looks like, see below.



*M*

PS--For taking a picture of a house that belongs to someone I neither know anything about nor care about, I ended up missing my flight and being stuck in the airport for about 2 hours.

No comments: