So on my way back to Vegas, as I was stranded in the state's most boring airport (Next to Cincinnati), I met two lovely women who were on their way back from a cruise down the Mississippi River. They wanted me to title this "Drunk Old Ladies" or "Old Ladies in the Airport," but I think I'm going to stick with Flying Back to Vegas.
These two women were the absolute highlight of my day. They were funny, quirky and just overall fun to be with. They kept me laughing, telling me tales of Pork and Beans, farming, and sending text messages. Sometimes it's really cool to strike up a conversation with people you otherwise wouldn't...you never know what you might learn or like. Below is our picture (I"m posting it this afternoon).
The first leg of the flight, to Minneapolis, was uneventful. In Minneapolis, however, I came face-to-face with one of the top 5 most gorgeous men I've ever met in my life. Like, seriously. I had to keep reminding myself not to stare. And, he had the nerve to be English. And Black. And a doctor. I almost gave that man my panties right there, in the airport. "Hello, my name is Miah and these are my panties." My mother will be glad to know that I did not.
The second leg of the flight was far more enjoyable than the first. Not only did I have McGorgeous to look at, I was also upgraded to first class. Now, prior to my trip I had never flown first class before. I do not think I can go back to flying coach. Not only are the seats wide and comfy (I actually fell asleep on the flight!!!), but they also give you unlimited quantities of free alcohol! And, they save the good snacks for the first class folks. Instead of the traditional peanuts, I got a bag of mixed nuts with cashews and almonds. Cashews people! Cashews!!! AND, I always thought this was a rumor, there really is a button you can push so the peons in the back feel turbulance. You 2nd, and 3rd class flyers think the plane is going through some bad air. Nope, just the first class people laughing over a glass of wine and pushing a small button so the back of the lane vibrates.
*M*
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment