Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things about Me!

Directions: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT YOU. If you're on my blog, write a comment and leave 25 things about yourself. :)

1. I can neither dance nor sing, though that does not stop me and usually provides several minutes of chuckles, giggles and laughs from everyone in the room. Oh yeah: I took 5 straight years of ballet, tap and jazz. That, evidently, did not do anything.
2. I am either incredibly decisive (when I make up my mind, I do not change it for anything) or I am incredibly indecisive (I waffle back and forth between decisions and never settle on one). I wish I could find a happy medium.
3. I LOVE my natural, kinky, curly, nappy hair.
4. I cannot keep plants alive and that saddens me because I like plants.
5. I have lived a charmed life--I have two married parents, a sister, 2 aunts and 1 surrogate (hey Crys!) who love me more than I think I know.
6. I have found myself questioning the concepts of God and spirituality a lot this year.
7. I love my job, but I frequently feel unfulfilled and wonder if this is "it." If it is, I'm disappointed.
8. I've never really wanted to be married; the thought of being tied down is kind of stressful. I am, however, more open to the idea now than I ever have been before.
9. I have only had 3 real "boyfriends" in my entire life.
10. I'm incredibly friendly, but I am more of a loner than most people realize. I cherish my alone time.
11. I barely own a tv; the one I do own will stop working in February; I'm totally ok with that.
12. I am very happy with the person that I am. I really do try to treat people the way I would like to be treated.
13. I have been afraid of birds (but only really ugly ones like pigeons and crows and gulls) since I was three years old and two things happened. I used to love chasing birds and would run around trying to find feathers to collect when my granddad told me that birds carried disease and if I touched a feather, I would die AND shortly thereafter my grandmother left the kitchen door opened, two massive pigeons swooped in and she grabbed me by the neck and ran screaming upstairs and locked us in her bedroom until my uncle Larry came and chased them out the house.
14. As I get older, my irrational fears get stronger and more diverse: in addition to birds, we're up to heights, death, and poverty.
15. I have allergies to something no allergist has ever been able to define.
16. I have the same teddy bear that my mom got at her baby shower for me. He goes with me everywhere and I still sleep with him every night.
17. I wish I were more confrontational.
18. I am stubborn.
19. I am incredibly loyal to people I love.
20. I want to visit all 50 states. So far, I've been to the following: Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio,Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
21. I have taken French, Italian and Japanese. I remember almost none, except how to say "F. You" in Italian.
22. I am corny, good-humored and usually good natured. Having said that, I am not a pushover and I do not like having my back pressed against the wall. I do come out swinging.
23. I get irritated by cruel people and people who have an unwarranted sense of self importance.
24. I cry rarely and I cry in private. When I cry, something is really really wrong. Or, I'm cutting onions.
25. I HATE brussel sprouts and have not had them since I was forced to stare at them on my dinner plate, my breakfast plate and in my lunchbox when I was in first grade. Yes, mom, I do still remember that.

1 comment:

Cece said...

Re #20: what about Nevada?