So, guess who was just picked for high alert airport explosive security level V screening.
No, not the crazy looking guy with smoke billowing from his bag. Me.
After getting my new ticket from US Airways most sullen ticket attendant, (our interaction went something like this: huff. name? deep sigh. bags? eyeroll, Gate A) I went back through the exact same security process I embarked on at 4:30 this afternoon. Only this time, the security attendant did something different. She looked at my ticket. She looked at me. She looked at my ticket. She looked at me. She looked back at my ticket. She raised her hand. The security boss came over. He looked at my ticket. He looked at me. He looked at my ticket. He looked at me. He said "Follow me ma'am. You've been randomly selected for our explosive screening."
Great. Excuse me. Fucking great.
While I was being asked to take off my shoes (again) and wait in a small holding room, another security agent came up with rubber gloves, a small metal wand, and a small white circular disc. He then proceeded to unpack my purse, my laptop and my carry on bag. He unpacked everything in my purse. Everything. He swiped everything in my purse. Everything. He even swiped the small cylindrical objects that come wrapped in translucent white paper that most women carry in their purses once a month or so. Great. Excuse me. Fucking great.
After determining that my cooter is not being used to house explosives, he waved me on my merry way.
So here I sit, waiting patiently, to come home.
*M*
PS--did I mention that I was the ONLY person in the entire security line? Guess they needed something to do...
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment