Thursday, September 6, 2007

dinner parties

This past week I had my first dinner party. You may be wondering how it worked out since I still have none of the following: a table;
chairs;
a microwave.

For all intensive purposes, eating on the floor really is not what one has in mind when the words "dinner party" are said. But, though I did not have some of the essentials--namely tables and chairs--I did have the good sense to pack six bottles of wine in my car before I shipped it from Detroit to Vegas. And, I did have Manchengo (very smooth cheese made from sheep's milk) and plates.

The more I live like the part of a Lifetime Movie when the woman finally leaves her abusive husband and starts life anew, the more I realize how absolutely resourceful I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Resourceful is right, it's like Markley fall of 97" all over again!!!

Evelyn Parkside said...

ahhh...Markley.