Sunday, September 9, 2007

the VMAs

So most of you have probably heard that the VMA's were held in Vegas this weekend. If you are one of my friends, you probably expect that I weaseled my way into some semi exclusive soiree over the weekend. You probably expect me to post pictures of Kanye West, Justin Timberlake and Timbaland to prove that I "ran into them" at some point in time over the last two days. You probably expect me to write some long post about how I found a gracious man to maintain my champagne supply for the evening.

You will be sorely disappointed.

I did not weasel my way into some B-list party, I have no pictures to post and my gracious man is right now giving some other woman champagne. Why? Because none of my friends are here.

Let's keep it real: I am neither afraid or daunted by the idea of going out by myself. I'm adventurous and inquisitive. But, there is something about patrolling Vegas clubs, alone, at 2 am that just shrieks "sad." The people I know who have lived here more than six months refuse to go anywhere near the strip during big events; I couldn't even bribe my two new friends into partying with me last night. Since I'm still new, fresh, green and wet behind the ears, I'm still excited about the idea of partying on the strip--especially during big events.

So, the Billboard Music Awards are coming in February. The date has not been posted yet, but the awards will be in the MGM Grand and I found out today that getting tickets is easy and relatively cheap (about $100).

Therefore, I am mandating that at least two of my friends find their way to Vegas during the weekend of the BMAs. This is not optional. I will excuse you from coming during New Years Eve.

*M*

No comments: