Sunday, April 27, 2008

Save a Horse...Ride a Cowboy

Last night I went Country Line Dancing at Stoneys. I can see the collective eyebrow raise of all of you (who know me) reading this. Anyway, it was actually a lot of fun. Maybe I really am a redneck woman at heart? You all know my motto, "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy"

At the club, I contemplated (but not for very long) riding the mechanical bull. Besides the fact that it looked demented, angry, and, well, dirty (God knows how many sweaty cowboy butts had been on that thing) after I saw the first 3-4 people get tossed onto the accompanying demented, angry and, well, dirty black mat, I decided against bull riding. Plus when the girls got on, the slowed the speed down signifigantly and made the bull thing vibrate so it looked like soft core porn. You'd understand better if you saw it. There is something to be said, however, for a grown man in a cowboy hat riding that bull...somewhat sexy (the man, not the bull).

The only thing of real interest and comedy--aside from me trying to learn how to two-step, and then seven-step--were mini-me's one and two, otherwise known as Salt-N-Pepa or Ebony and Ivory. Grown men should NOT under ANY circumstances, (Especially when they are both under 5'6) show up at any club wearing the exact same matching outfit and then commence to showing off their dance routines that they made at home, an hour before.

YeeHaw!
*M*

No comments: