I have found the holy grail.
Today I decided that I would like a plant. Trader Joe's had some pretty plants sitting outside their store so on my way inside to purchase it (my plant needs a name, so please make some suggestions) I remembered that Trader Joe's ALWAYS has some snacks on hand for shoppers.
My first snack was a tasty watermelon slice. MMMM, great after being in the Vegas sun for a few hours. Then, as I was meandering toward the check out to purchase my plant, my powers of astute observation kicked in. All the way in the back of the store, in a darkened corner, in front of the wine, was a short, portly, older, smiling gentleman surrounded by about 20 bottles and tiny plastic cups. I had to investigate further.
Wine tasting! 10 reds, 10 whites, 1 beer! All FREE and all UNLIMITED.
Who knew? Evidently in Vegas, the goveror signed a law making it possible for venues to conduct wine tastings on a daily basis. Trader Joes has them every single Friday, Saturday and Sunday and all day.
After tasting the whites, I needed a break before going to the reds so I meandered back around the store. The watermelon display had been changed to a cookie display.
Let me get this straight: fruit, cookies AND libations?
3 guesses where I was for the next hour.
*M*
Friday, August 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment