God is GOOD! Ok, so many of you know (or have heard or have read) about my recent financial and car troubles. And, I have felt swamped and discouraged at different spots during this experience (even though for the most part I have enjoyed it immensely) due to various outside forces.
But, in the midst of all random dilemnas, I kept thinking: I prayed about this and my spirit led me here. I KNOW God is not going to leave me out here with no help. I have to admit, that sometimes that was hard to believe, as negative thoughts are easier to entertain sometimes than positive ones. But, I remained positive that God would have my back.
And He has.
Here are a few parts of the car story I left out the first time. The day that my car broke down, I signed up for AAA literally 45 minutes before my car started smoking. There was a AAA vendor in the workshop where I was and I ignored her for most of the day until 5 minutes before she left this nagging feeling that I needed to go ahead and spend the $50 to enroll. So I did.
That same day about 2 hours before my car realized it was a cousin to a dragon and started blowing smoke, I got good news that I would be getting a SUBSTANTIAL advance on my first paycheck if I joined one of the local credit unions. I wanted to wait because I thought that I may need the money later. However, that same nagging feeling kept telling me to sign up and get the cash, just in case. So, I did.
Yesterday, I got the total bill: it was $300 shy of my advance. God is good.
Well, today, the dealership called me back to tell me that one of the technicians had noticed a problem that he had not noticed before. Some part had gotten clogged with oil and water and it had to be fixed. The part and labor for that one piece was priced at a grand additional $900. I almost choked. Ok, I did choke. Then the dealership told me that normally the techs could flush it out, but my mixture of oil and water was so bad that they had been flushing for an hour to no avail. So, I said to him: I need you to keep trying. He said to me: It looks very unlikely. I said to him: I understand what it looks like, but I also know what it has to be. I cannot give you an additonal $900 and this has to work so I need you to keep trying.
We hung up the phone and I prayed. Actually, that's the wrong word. I believed. Ironically, I didn't cry like I've been doing, I didn't go to the bank for an emergency loan, I didn't start begging. I just believed. I just knew it would be fine. I said to myself "God can move mountains, I know He can fix this." Then, I took a nap. I really did.
I awoke to the dealership calling. The technician was, miracuously, able to flush out whatever gunk was clogging whatever ridiculously additional $900 part and my car is ready.
God is Good.
*M*
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment