broke down today.
Just when you thought the story was going to end...
So yesterday, as I was driving home from my workshop, my car started smoking from the hood! Ok, now we have already established that my financial status is, at best, questionable. So I am sure you can imagine the sickness i felt emerge from the pit of my belly when a pillow of gray smoke emanated from the hood of my car.
Ok, I'm woman enough to admit that I cried. I really did. I pulled over on the side of the road and bawled. But, as most of you know, I am a closet cryer so what really happened was more like a half choke-half wimper-half hitct. Then, I called my mom. She promptly told me to stop crying, buck up, and get my self together. So I did. No one can ever say that my mother is a coddler. (I love you mom!)
I began the first of multiple phone calls. First to AAA (who I signed up for literally 45 minutes before my car went kaput). Then to my insurance company (who inquired how my car got from MI to NV). Then to my best friend Alana (who desperately tried to cosole me). Then my sister Maegan (who told me not to worry). And on and on and on.
Now, most of you can relate to the feelings of trepidation that arise when a car breaks down. How much will this cost? How long will it take? Blah blah blah...I had my car towed to PepBoys (note to self: find a REPUTABLE mechanic ASAP) and hoped that this would not be very expenive.
Hope springs eternal--disappointment. It is expensive. The most current estimate is $1400 worth of expensive.
At this point, to keep from crying, I am just laughing. Because one thing I have is faith and another I KNOW is that God will, can and does work it out.
This too shall pass...I'll just be back to PB&J until it does.
*M*
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment