Friday, August 10, 2007

The Weather (enough complaining for now)

Last night I moved up the stepladder of life. I slept on an air mattress. Better than the ground...

But enough of my complaints.

The weather here is absolutely beautiful! For the time being, I feel like I live in some sort of a tropical paradise. Even though the temperature is higher, the no humidity thing is wonderful. I have been comfortably warm (not steaming hot) since I have been here. In fact, when I am out making on of my many many many runs to Walmart-Target-Marshalls, I sometimes turn off the air (gets too cold) and roll down the windows (feels just right). The dry heat thing is great for now.

Thec city is flanked on all sides by indescriably beautiful mountains. They seem to rise out of nowhere and extend into everywhere at the same time. One does not question the existence and goodness of God when surrounded with such majesty and beauty.

LV is very different from Detroit. I live approximately 5-10 minutes away from everything. DSW, Borders, BedBath&Beyond are a 1 minute drive away. Target, Walmart and Marshalls are less than 10 minutes away. I have never seen so many restarants (notice I said seen, not eaten in. My current financial constratints restrict me to a strict diet of PB&J and cereal).

The city is actual clean! After coming from Detroit (and I do LOVE my city), I have to admit this was a bit of a culture shock. I figured wth 3 million people, the city would be a sespool of garbage, hyodermic needles, used condoms, and chip bags. However, I was wrong.

3 comments:

Monique said...

Now wait a minute, Sweet Pea. What on EARTH are you doing in Las Vegas with no money?! I simply cannot stomach the thought of you having to choose between a bowl, an iron, a spoon, a fork, a knife named "Pearl"...I can't keep up. Catch me up, please, so that we can come up with a way whereby you will need neither an employed nor an unemployed man lurking around lookin' crazy...

Love,
Monique
b.k.a. "Grand"

Anonymous said...

Aaahhhh...the weather sounds perfect! I can feel my sinus troubles melting away just reading about it. And I must say, if it feels perfect to you in the middle of August, then it can't be half bad. I love Detroit, too. But there is something to be said about not having to wake up a half an hour earlier just to defrost your car! Miah, you may just be living in heaven. Can't wait to visit!

Anonymous said...

Nice weather!...Good news :-)....I knew it was comming....(although I may be reading blogs out of order)..lol

-Danielle <3