Note: To all of my friends who will one day have childen and those children will embark on that wonderful journey we call school, please don't be an ass to the teacher.
So last week I had a parent demand--by saying he's not demanding--me to change his daughter's Yearbook grade to an A. If not, he gave me an ultimatum: he would advise his daughter to leave my class.
Maybe he doesn't know that one monkey don't stop no show.
This child--I'll call her Penelope for short--is the same child who had James dress in her cheerleading uniform. I have honestly gotten over that. This child has had straight A's since 1st grade. She currently has a B+ in Yearbook. Her grade has nothing to do with the cheerleading debacle, but has to do with the fact that her spreads were not finished when the deadline came. So, she lost points.
Long story short, this child's parent told me that I was subjective, unfair and that I just don't like his daughter. I told him that his daughter was average. I don't think he liked that too much.
I also told him that she is in a class with other exceptional students. And, among other exceptionally bright kids, she's average--no better, no worse. Average.
Evidently, nothing pisses off a parent of an exceptional child more then getting the memo that said child is, well, average.
*M*
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Funny how kids and parents fall into pretty much the same categories no matter where you live in the US.
Post a Comment