Yesterday I went to Wal-Mart (FYI, the only reason I'm writing this is because my friend Alford insisted that I did...) to do some light shopping. I needed the following items: trouser socks, Bolthouse Farms juice, Brown Rice flour, crudite, seeded hamburger buns, a water pitcher and a binder. I grabbed a cart when I entered the store and commenced shopping. About 30 minutes into the trip, I stopped to look at some black trouser socks. I left my cart in the main aisle and went down the smaller aisle to investigate the socks. I grabbed a black pair and meandered back to my cart.
I kept shopping. I added the flour, the crudite and the buns. I saw frozen veggies were on sale so I tossed those in the cart as well. This went on for about 20 minutes, me grabbing things I needed. Then, I looked at my cart. Inside the cart (in addition to the things I had just added) I noticed the following: a 36 case of Bounty paper towels, Iams dog food, 12 frozen dinners, Jim Bean's liquor, 8 cans of tuna, 1 bottle of ketchup among several other oddities that did not belong to me. I don't even own a dog. Then I realized that I had been wandering around Wal-Mart with someone else's cart, diligently shopping.
So, then I asked myself the obvious question: Where is my cart? I backtracked and found my original cart where I had left it, in the main aisle near the trouser socks.
oops.
*M*
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment