Sunday, January 13, 2008

I got a Tranny Kitty

So last week a woman at my job sent out a posting offering a free kitten. Her cat had given birth and she wanted to give the kittens a loving home. So, naturally, she turned to teachers. (On a completely unrelated side note, last Friday a teacher said to me "Well, he's always smiling and happy. He's just retarded enough that he doesn't know the world completely sucks." about a person and not a cat. So maybe turning to teachers wasn't the best option.) I thought, I like kittens. I"m loving. I have a home.
So, I asked for one of the kittens. (Now, some of you are saying "Miah, you hate cats. That's been proven by your previous blogs about your extreme, deep hatred of feral cats. Well, faithful reader, you are half right. I do harbor a extreme, deep hatred of feral cats. But, I kind of like house cats and even house kittens. I loved my aunt's house cat Jade. She was independent and lazy and easy to get along with--not in the yard killing pidgeons and rats, but again I digress)


I was told that I could have one of the kittens. I decided to name it Penelope (thanks, Jaye!) or maybe Lady Godiva. It's all black with white paws. I went out and purchased kitty litter, a litter box, kitten food...all that jazz. Another teacher brought the kitten to school for me and I completely loved it. Absolutely adorable. No bigger than a football and very curious.

Then I found out he's a boy.

Well, I LIKE the name Penelope and I REALLY LIKE the name Lady Godiva. I named my boy kitten Lady Godiva, LG for short.

I have a tranny kitty.

3 comments:

Cece said...

Only you AP... and God bless you for it...

Anonymous said...

I don't think thats fair! Your name wasn't picked before your arrival. I mean your mom didn't say "I like the name Ralph and I don't care if the baby is a girl." I think you should have had a list of names you like. Then, once you got the kitten,choose the
name that fits the kitten by personality. Oh,boy! And make sure you get it declawed!

Anonymous said...

Girl name, smirl name. The cat won't care. But Lady Godiva is a mouthfull, calling him LG may work better logistically. But to chasinstrange's point you could name the cat "Little Godiva" instead? Or "Little G" even.