Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nuts and Jackin'

Ahem.

Do you know what happens when you say the words "nuts" and "jackin" within the span of 15 words to 30, 13-year-old, pre-pubescent, sexually charged (at least that's my assumption by all the condoms I've seen this year) eighth graders?

Mayhem.

Today, I was trying to explain how to change a tire to my class. The conversation went something like this:

"First, you make sure the car is in park and off. Second, the loosen the lug nuts. Third you jack the car into the air and take off the lug nuts." At that point, peals of laughter exploded. Stupidly, I stopped. Then I stupidly said it again: "First, make sure the car is off. Second, loosed the nuts. Third, jack it in the air." Explosive, gut-busting laughter. So, instead I gave directions on how to bake a cake.

Now, here's a better question: What happens when a blogger writes the words "nuts" and "jackin" in the title of a blog that goes to a group of 30, 20-year-old-and- above post-pubescent, sexually charged (at least that's my assumption by some of the conversations I've had with some of you) adults?

*M*

No comments: