Just what we needed next: bacon candy. Today, as I was surfing the web for more useless information to clog my head with, I ambled across a recipe titled "bacon candy." Those who know me know that there was no way I was going to let that pass me by. So, of course I clicked on the recipe. It is as follows:
Ingredients
1 lb Bacon (not thick-cut)
1/4 cup Brown sugar
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Slice bacon into 1/2 inch strips and dredge in brown sugar until thoroughly coated.
Crumple aluminum foil to allow for grease drainage and place it on a baking sheet. Lay out the bacon on this making sure not to overlap pieces.
Bake until crispy. Allow to cool and harden before serving. It will melt in your mouth!
I do not want my bacon to melt in my mouth. Then the recipe had the nerve to claim that if served at a party, "bacon candy" would be the first appetizer gone. I feel the need to say this explicitly: I forbid anyone reading this blog to serve anything called "bacon candy" at any gathering I am invited to. I forbid you to make any rendition of said "bacon candy." You may not seal your bacon in butterscotch, chocolate, licorice, fudge, peppermint, or a warm, snowy blanket of powdered sugar. You may not crumble it up and sprinkle on top of a Snickers, Laffy Taffy, or Peppermint Patties. These things are unacceptable.
*M*
LOL--for real, who's really in the kitchen right now pondering the possibility of making bacon candy?
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sadly, guilty as charged...
umm yeah i am seriously considering trying this bacon recipe and i don't even buy bacon
Post a Comment